Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe
When I think of summer, I think quick cool meals for the daytime. I want things that come together quickly, so I can be outside and enjoying my day. I want them cool so I am not overheating (because it’s been h-o-t in Colorado). This simple recipe is a perfect summer meal. It’s great for you, your kiddos, for groups and for picnics in the park or by the pool. Simply make ahead of time and keep cool.
It is full of good fats (for gut and brain health), and can be served paleo, gluten free or classic. Your choice of dipping veggies or sandwich bread makes it!
AVOCADO TUNA SALAD
By: Brandi Mackenzie | Serves 2
Tuna Salad: ½ Avocado, mashed 1 tablespoon Mustard, Stone Ground or Dijon 1, 5 ounce can Tuna, wild & sustainably caught *you can also substitute canned Sardines or Salmon ⅓ Apple, small dice cut ½ stalk Celery, small dice cut Sea Salt, to taste Herbamare Seasoning Blend, to taste
Other: Handful of Greens, like Arugula or Lettuce ½ Cucumber, sliced OR Plantain Chips OR Your Favorite Crackers or Bread
- In a small bowl, mix avocado and mustard until a paste is made.
- Fold in tuna, apple and celery until combined well.
- Taste and add salt and seasoning as desired.
- Serve on a plate with greens and dip with veggies. Or, make lettuce wraps, coconut wraps or sandwiches.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to three days.